Thursday 1 May 2014

Mmmmmmm doughnut muffins...

I find food innovations fascinating and am determined one day to try a cronut (croissant meets doughnut) and a slice of pizza cake (think several pizzas stacked up and cut like a cake- my husband thinks it sounds grim). I guess these should really be called duffins or muffnuts (not sure on that one!!). Anyway, I've had this recipe knocking about the kitchen for a while now and finally got round to trying it today, and boy, I was not disappointed:


These doughnut muffins are so delicious warm from the oven and do really taste like hot doughnuts from Brighton pier, with added yummy jam, and not a deep fat fryer in sight!

A couple of things I found that might help you out:

  • I used a Pyrex jug to pour the batter into the muffin tin and found this helped make less mess.
  • I found that I only had enough batter for 10, rather than 12, I probably need to be a bit less generous with it!
  • The recipe says to use 7oz of sugar to roll them muffins in but I found I didn't need anywhere near that amount, I would start with 4oz and add more if you run out.



Time to add the jam!
Covering over the jam (stealing batter from 2 of them- I did clean them out before baking or it would have been an awful, burnt mess!)
Ooops, one fell apart when I took it out the tin- chef's perks!

Happy baking!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment