Tuesday 27 November 2012

That's amore!

Today felt like a homemade pizza day and nothing beats my Mum's scone base pizza dough recipe. It is quick and easy to knock up, cooks brilliantly, holds up well to lots of toppings and tastes delicious. This is still a family favourite meal in our house and went down very well with my little man who had his own one too! I'm sure she won't mind me sharing the recipe with you!

Yummy Grandma's Pizza Dough

Serves a family of four (I made 2/3 of the recipe for us)

12oz/300g self raising flour,
4oz/100g Stork,
7floz milk,
Pinch of salt.

1. Rub the Stork into the self raising flour.
2. Add the milk and salt and mix together with a knife until you can bring it together into a ball. Knead gently.
3. Wrap in clingfilm and put in the fridge for half an hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 200/180 fan/gas mark 6.
5. Roll out on a floured surface, put onto a greased baking tray then top with whatever you fancy.
6. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbling and the crust is cooked.

My little man had a classic cheese and tomato (which he has some left for lunch tomorrow too) and we had caramelised balsamic onions (chop red onions and cook over a low heat for about 25 minutes in a frying pan with a splash of oil, slug of balsamic vinegar and spoonful of sugar), goats cheese and artichokes. Perfect for a quick and yummy tea on a rainy day! 

What's your favourite pizza topping? I think one day I shall have to try making a sweet pizza, saw someone do that on the TV the other day!!

Enjoy!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment