Sunday 10 March 2013

Cupcake Bouquet!

Happy Mother's Day to all the lovely Mummy readers out there! For my Mum I decided to try something new and a bit more adventurous- the cupcake bouquet! For my first every attempt I'm really pleased and definately think I could improve it next time. So here are some photos of my efforts and tips on what I did, they are loads of videos out there so it's worth surfing Youtube for a bit and lots of different ways to do these.



I decided to do mine in a plant pot and used a floristy polysterine sphere (all purchased on ebay). I made and iced 12 cupcakes although was only brave enough to get 7 of them on, next time I would try and get them further down too. I did put them in the fridge after icing to ensure the buttercream wouldn't slip.




























Using cocktails sticks to secure them I then started adding the cupcakes! You can use several cocktail sticks for ones further down and you need to keep them at at least 45 degrees so that the cakes don't fall off. As I added the cakes I used cellotape and green tissue paper to start adding 'leaves and foliage'.
I kept going with this until I'd added enough cupcakes that I thought would stay in place (I only dropped 2!)
 Then I finally added some more 'leaves' and a bow and voila!
  The cupcakes all stayed on overnight and most importantly, my Mum loved it!!
Happy Mothers Day
xxx 

1 comment:

  1. Yummy Grandma30/03/2013, 09:51

    They looked wonderful and tasted delicious!! Thank you so much for such a lovely present!!

    ReplyDelete