Monday 2 December 2013

Snow is falling...

Now that advent is here it really feels like Christmas is soooooo near and that means Christmas baking! Our gorgeous little boy arrived 10 days early 4 weeks ago and time has flown by, but I've finally managed to get back in the kitchen and first on the agenda was a batch of mince pies. Last year was all about adding marzipan to my mince pies:


but this year I have given Mr Hollywood's recipe a try, with added tangerine and apple and scrummy homemade pastry. Here is a link to the recipe I used:


I found it made enough pastry for 9 mince pies and enough filling for well over 12 (although the recipe says it makes 12 but only gives instructions to cut 6?!- Paul, I'll forgive you as they are so yummy!) so I have a box of frozen filling now for next time I make these. They are made in a muffin tin and are definitely 'mansize' (not that I'm complaining about that) but next time I would probably do them in a fairy cake tin so they aren't quite as big!

Merry baking!
xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment