Thursday 27 February 2014

Cake truffles!

These cake truffles are really quick to put together and perfect for a girlie night in. You could easily play about with the flavours, I used a chocolate cake and rose buttercream but you could change the flavour of the cake and buttercream and also add a dash of alcohol if you fancy. I coated mine in Cadburys chocolate as it is my absolute favourite, but again, you could use any brand; dark, milk or white.

Cake Truffles

1 layer of cake (I used devil's food cake, recipe here:  http://yummymummy2012.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/devils-food-cakesinful.html)
2oz Stork,
4oz icing sugar,
Flavouring (I used 2tsp of rose water),
250g chocolate (this was a little more than I needed and left me with a few spoonfuls of melted chocolate to enjoy at the end- chef's perks!)

1. Crumble the cake until it resembles breadcrumbs.
2. Mix together the Stork and icing sugar to make buttercream. Flavour it and if you are using a 'white' cake you can add colour too (I coloured mine anyway even though I used a chocolate cake as it felt wrong being rose flavour without being pink! I'm weird, I know!),
3. Mix the buttercream into the cake crumbs until it becomes thick and you are able to roll it into balls. Make as many balls as you like, I found a teaspoon of the mixture was a good size but they can be as big or small as you want.
4. Put onto a baking tray lined with foil and leave in the fridge for a while to harden up a bit.
5. Melt the chocolate in a bowl and then coat each ball in chocolate. I used 2 forks to help drain off excess chocolate. Top with any decorations you want, I used miniature pearls.

Can't wait to tuck into these with the girls tomorrow night!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment