Sunday 30 December 2012

Ultimate chocolate chip cookies!!

I officially declare these the best cookies in the world, gooey on the inside, crunchy on the outside, and packed full of chocolate; just how I like them. I think it must be the golden syrup that makes them just perfect! I tried them at a craft evening and then hunted down the recipe from the lovely Kay, who has kindly said I can share it with you all. I won't leave you in anticipation any longer, here we go:

Kay's Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies

Makes 12 or 6 massive ones!

4oz (100g) margarine,
3oz (75g) soft light brown sugar,
2 tbsp golden syrup,
4oz (100g) choc chips (you can change these for any other ingredients you want: sultanas, cranberries, cherries, nuts etc.I used white and milk chocolate buttons)
6oz (150g) self raising flour,

1. Set the oven to 180C fan.
2. Cream together the margarine and sugar together.
3. Stir in the golden syrup, chocolate chips and flour until it makes a stiff dough.
4. Grease 2 baking trays and then put 12 dollops of the mixture on the trays, spaced out (they should be about the size of ping pong balls).
5. Bake for 12-14 mins until the outsides are just golden brown.
6. Leave to cool on the trays, then devour!!!


I don't think they will last long!

If you haven't already, please head over to my facebook page: 
xxx

1 comment:

  1. Yummy Grandma31/12/2012, 15:22

    Just made these cookies - delicious!! Thank you for the recipe Kay and Fiona!!

    ReplyDelete