Wednesday 24 April 2013

Oreo cupcakes!

I'm not going to try and deny it, I LOVE Oreo cookies!! I wish we could get as many different varieties here in the UK as you can in the USA. On our honeymoon in America I dread to think how many hubby and I got through (you can buy massive packs!) When thinking which cakes to bake for some of my friends today Oreos instantly came to mind, and I thought I would share my recipe with you all...

Yummy Mummy's Oreo Cupcakes
Makes 12 cupcakes

6oz/150g self raising flour,
6oz/150g Stork,
6oz/150g castor sugar,
3 eggs,
2tbsp cocoa,

2 packs of Oreo Cookies (you need between 1-2 packs but got to have some for munching),

6oz/150g Stork,
12oz/300g icing sugar.

1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Put 12 cupcake cases into a muffin tray and put 1 Oreo cookie into each case.
2. Mix together the self raising flour, Stork, castor sugar and eggs. Add the cocoa. If the mixture feels quite thick then just add a little splosh of milk.
3. Spoon the cake mixture into the cases on top of the Oreos, making sure they are completely covered.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes and then leave to cool completely.
5. Depending on how thick you want your buttercream to be will depend on how many Oreo's you put into it. I like mine packed with cookie crumbs, but that does mean it is too thick to pipe so you have to use less Oreos if you want to pipe it on, rather than smear it on! I've gone for the messy smear on approach with a pallette knife. Whizz the Oreos (I used 8) until they are fine crumbs.
6. Mix together the Stork and icing sugar and stir in the cookie crumbs.
7. When the cakes are completely cool smear on the cookie buttercream and enjoy!
Happy baking!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Yummy Grandma25/04/2013, 20:01

    I think these are one of your best cupcakes!! They are just so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them! I will bake more soon!! x

      Delete