Friday 19 October 2012

Ore-Ohhhh!!

A couple of weeks ago I enjoyed creating some chocolate cupcakes with Oreo cookie buttercream in the Yummy Mummy kitchen, and I have to say this buttercream is to die for!! More than a few teaspoons were tested (well you've got to make sure it's ok) and the extra bit I froze was defrosted again sharpish!! I adore Oreo cookies, I think it's the fact they are dark chocolate biscuits and there aren't that many of them out there. In my humble opinion it beats the Bourbon hands down. Well, you can only imagine my excitement when I heard that Cadburys and Oreo were teaming up to make a new bar, and when I finally got my hands on one today I was not disappointed! Although I would have hoped for the Cadburys chocolate to be a little thicker, the crunchy Oeros and creamy vanilla filling were perfect partners to my favourite purple bar. Needless to say... it didn't last long!

So, in the words of Carrie Bradshaw "I got to thinking.. what makes a perfect partner?" No, I'm not talking about the perfect man/woman in your life but the perfect combination of flavours! I love anything with peanut butter and chocolate (I think a Reeses cupcake creation may be in order soon). In fact I love anything, literally anything, with peanut butter (but that shall have to be a post for another day)! Some of my other perfect partners have to be:
  • Coffee and walnut,
  • Lemon and orange,
  • Peanut butter and jelly,
  • Cookies and cream,
  • Ginger and toffee, 
  • Peanut butter and Marmite (weird I know, never tried it in a cake but it's great on toast! Ok, I know you're sceptical but try it, trust me!)
  • Chocolate and coffee,
  • Cherry and almond,
  • Apple and almond...

What would be your perfect cupcake flavours? Comment at the bottom and I will put some ideas to the test in my Yummy Mummy kitchen very soon! 
xxx


13 comments:

  1. Yummy Grandma!19/10/2012, 23:02

    I love yummy mummy coffee and walnut cake - simply the most wonderful coffee and walnut cake in the whole world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love toffee and Pecan or lemon and lime

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just remembered I love banana and toffee (banoffee) or banana and coconut too mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oreo cupcakes look amazing. I'm highly jealous of all those that got to eat them. Must steal the receipe :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dark chocolate and turkish delight! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, some great ideas!! Tash, I am plotting now a Turkish delight cupcake, thinking dark chocolate cake with buttercream flavoured with rosewater perhaps? Then Turkish delight on top! Yummy! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Loving the sound of dark choc and Turkish delight.
    How about chocolate and orange, cherry and almond (or, even better, marzipan!), chocolate and mint.

    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can verify that your oreo cupcakes are extremely yummy!

    How about honeycomb cupcakes?

    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... with chocolate of course!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Vicky!! :) Mint chocolate and honeycomb sounds immense, must get out the sugar thermometer! Girls we will need to have a testing session! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peanut butter and *jelly*? Going all American on us? But peanut butter and jam is certainly yummy - would be good as a cupcake, I reckon.
    I love peanut butter and honey, and (maybe not for a cupcake, but I'm sure you could think of something) honey and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am thinking goats cheese, honey and apple in a savoury muffin perhaps?! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum yum yum - good plan!

    ReplyDelete