Saturday 27 October 2012

Sarah-Jane and Cathryn from the Great British Bake Off!

I had a lovely early start to my morning, heading down to Horsham market for the first day of Sarah-Jane and Cathryn from the Great British Bake Off's market stall. Packed with beautiful and tempting seasonal biscuits, cakes, tarts and scones it was hard to decide what to buy!! In the end I decided on spiced pumpkin cake, cheddar and chipotle scones, a chocolate cookie, Gruyere ghosts (cheese biscuits) and a little eyeball tart for Halloween (not all for me to eat I will add!). Both Sarah-Jane and Cathryn were just lovely, chatty and so smiley even though it was freezing!! It was lovely to talk to them about the Bake Off, Paul Hollywood (hello!) and Kitchenaids! They are just as lovely as they seemed on the TV!
When I got home I really enjoyed the spiced pumpkin cake for my breakfast! It was perfectly flavoured, and both the sponge and icing was light and fluffy, two thumbs up from Yummy Mummy. Surely having pumpkin in it made it good for me too?! I think I shall have to do some pleading with them for the recipe! The little eyeball tart had caught my eye as a nice little bake for Halloween, a delicious little jam tart (very nice pastry) topped with fondant icing, a really nice idea to make for Halloween parties. I think my little boy will love making these when he's a bit older, for now he's very happy to eat them! 


I will add some more to the blog when I've had sampled the scones, cookie and cheese biscuits, thought it was a bit glutinous, even for me, to eat them all for breakfast! I would really recommend popping down to see them in Horsham market for some scrumptious baking and a good chinwag!

 Thank you for a lovely start to my weekend ladies, wishing you the best of luck with your new business!
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Excellent! You lucky Horsham folks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are lovely! If you are ever in Horsham on a Saturday you should pop down and see them! x

    ReplyDelete