Monday 22 October 2012

My Turkish Delights!!

Hello happy readers! I've had a productive day in the Yummy Mummy kitchen, creating my own Turkish Delight cupcakes (inspired by Tash's suggestion). Delicate rose met dark intense chocolate and I am thrilled with the results!
Here is how to make my Turkish Delight cupcakes if you fancy having a go yourself:

Yummy Mummy's Turkish Delight Cupcakes (makes 12 cupcakes, it will make more if you use fairy cake cases)

3 large eggs,
6oz/150g self raising flour,
6oz/150g stork,
3oz/75g castor sugar,
3oz/75g dark brown sugar (to intensify the chocolate taste),
3 heaped desert spoons of good quality cocoa (I always use Green and Blacks),
3 bars of Frys Turkish Delight (although I got 4 so I had one to eat-greedy!),

6oz/150g stork,
12oz/300g icing sugar,
1 tsp rosewater,
Pink food colouring (add slowly to get the depth of colour you desire, I went for a rosy pink),
Some dark chocolate chunks.

1. Preheat the oven to 200/180 fan/gas mark 6.
2.  Mix together the eggs, self raising flour, stork, castor sugar, dark brown sugar and cocoa in a bowl.
3. Cut each Turkish Delight bar into 4
4. Half fill the cake cases with half of cake mixture and put 1 piece of Turkish Delight into each case. The Turkish Delight will sink to the bottom of the cake as it cooks due to it's weight but you don't want to put it in first or it will stick to the cake case.
5. Fill the cake cases to the top and bake in the oven for about 15 minutes (I have a gas oven so this may differ if you use an electric oven).
6. Leave to cool in the tins for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
7. Mix together the stork and icing sugar until you have a thick buttercream. 
8. Mix in the rosewater and colour really well so you have a consistent flavour and colour (if you don't own electric hand beaters/a mixer I would definitely invest in them if you plan to do lots of baking as this makes it SO much easier).
9. When the cakes are completely cooled use a piping bag and nozzle to pipe and swirl the buttercream on! Alternatively you could spread it on with a knife, making it as thick or thin as you want.
10. Sprinkle on some dark chocolate chunks and indulge!

I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did. I shared these out with several friends today and they seemed to hit the spot! My favourite reaction has to be when my friend's gorgeous little 16 month old girl opened the tin and said "Wow!"
xxx


9 comments:

  1. Yummy Grandma22/10/2012, 21:09

    Yet another success from the Yummy Mummy kitchen - delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just eaten one of these - excellent

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you enjoyed them!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. incredible!!! :-) didn't want it to end! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Planning on making these next week. What else is half term for but baking? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you enjoyed them Vicky, I will make more for Squiggles! Half term is definately all about baking!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Squiggles loved them! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://www.chocablog.com/recipes/chocolate-cola-cupcakes/

    What do you make of these yummymummy?

    ReplyDelete
  9. They looks very intriguing! We should try these! x

    ReplyDelete