Sunday 20 January 2013

A few of my favourite things...

BREAD! Need I say more....


OK, I probably should! Bread is one of my all time favourite foods, I actually think I could live off bread alone! Really, I could, with some cake, Marmite, pineapple and peanut butter, that's my top 5! Anyway, I have diverged...
 Today I baked a cottage loaf (one of my favourite shape loaves- sad I know to have a favourite shape) using my usual bread recipe: 


Then I split into into 1/3 and 2/3, to form a cottage loaf. I glazed my bread with egg to get a nice shiny crust. I recommend having a look at this site if you are 'into bread' like me as it has loads of info and tips. This page in particular is useful if you are thinking about glazing your bread:


Looking forward to tucking into some of this tonight with some homemade beetroot and feta soup thanks to Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's yummy recipe which can be found here:

(Lots of links for you today!)

Happy kneading!
xxx

1 comment: