Monday 14 January 2013

Pop-tastic!!

I decided to have a go today at making cake pops, and although mine can't be described as delicate or dainty they taste yummy and stayed on the sticks!! Next time I would use a palette knife to get the covering smoother but here are my first efforts.. (please excuse my chipped nail varnish and Blue Peter style cake pop stand!)...





I used homemade cake and buttercream and Vanilla Candy Melts for the outside. Before I started I watched the video at the bottom of this page: 
I would recommend giving it a watch as it has lots of helpful tips, putting some Candy Melts on the sticks first and then freezing them for 20 minutes made sure they stayed on the sticks when I covered them.

 Not a very exciting freezer drawer I'm afraid! 

Hope you have some fun having a go at some cake pops, I really enjoyed it and definitely think I could improve them next time!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment